My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Variegated Spider Lily


 

From today, I have decided to blog about all the plants that I have in my window garden. Though I love plants so much, sadly till yesterday, I didn’t even know the names of some of them. But today I know all their names except one. So here we go!

                                                 

Today’s plant is the Variegated Spider Lily!

 

This is one of the most attractive plants I have in my window garden even though it blooms only in July. When I brought this plant home during my birthday in July 2018 it had creamy white spider-like flowers on it. I had loved its green variegated foliage which was adorned with the white flowers. Last year also these beautiful flowers bloomed around July. I wasn’t even aware – they just appeared one fine morning! 


I guess I couldn't see the buds because of the pothos that is growing in the same pot. But I actually love the look of this growth and that's why not separating them!

 

Anyway, till recently, I have been a lazy and careless gardener even though I like to call myself a plant lover. Even though this Variegated Spider Lily is such a stylish plant, perfectly brightening up my window garden and now my heart also, I stand guilty of neglecting it! 


For that matter, all my plants! I have murdered them by either overwatering or underwatering them! If plants could talk they would be crying out to me for the torture done to them!

 

But from the beginning of this year I vowed to change myself and become a responsible gardener. I have started calling myself a ‘Plant Parent’  instead of a gardener and carefully tending to each and every plant. Like a momma!


Thanks to the lockdown, I have chalked out a timetable of my entire hobbies and every Tuesday I faithfully take care of my small window garden. I prune the dry leaves and then spray water on them and wipe them clean! I hope my plants are happy now as I am trying to be a good momma to them!

 

Coming back to my Variegated Spider Lily, I am eagerly looking forward to its white flowers again. My research shows that it is an easy to grow plant as it loves water, morning sunlight and afternoon shade - I am providing all three to all my plants now!

 

So I hope to see the long spider like tendrils adorning this elegant flower during my birthday in July!🤗


No comments:

Post a Comment