My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, May 29, 2020

Dianthus Barbatus


Dianthus Barbatus or the Sweet William is a species of flowering plant in the family Caryophyllaceae, native to southern Europe and parts of Asia. It has become a popular ornamental garden plant.


I bought a pair of danthus barbatus for Mother Mary's rosary at our home on 8th Oct, 2018.


I thought of buying dianthus barbatus, also called bunch pink or bearded pink, because I didn't want to decorate with flowers which would have dried up the next day. So I wanted some flowering plants to be kept next to the statue of Mother Mary so that these plants would remain even after the rosary. 


While buying these plants I didn't know they were  an herbaceous biennial or short-lived perennial plant. So I really felt bad when they dried up last year even after giving them an idel location of full sun and moderately rich, well-drained soil.


Those pair of dianthus barbatus had irresistiblly colourful and beautiful flowers. They had really added a beautiful colour to my window garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment