My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Heaven in Faith

St. Elizabeth of the Trinity wrote a lot while at Dijon Carmel. Though she’s best known for her prayer “O My God, Trinity Whom I Adore”, she’s also particularly notable for her HEAVEN IN FAITH, a retreat she wrote three months before her death in 1906. She wrote it not for the nuns, but for her sister, Guite, who at that time was a young mother at home with two small children.

HEAVEN IN FAITH [HF] is the first of St. Elizabeth's major works. Many of her letters were written to her lay friends and HF is one of her four major works which is based on a ten-day retreat that she made.

There are other writings also but HF, which moved her to live heaven here on earth, by adoring God in faith and love, is one of her most loved work.

No comments:

Post a Comment