My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Last Retreat

“Let me hear the last song of His soul which no one but you, O Mother, could overhear.”

(Last Retreat)


St. Elizabeth of the Trinity, who died in 1906 at the age of 26, is known for some of her beautiful writings like the LAST RETREAT and her famous prayer "O My God, Trinity Whom I Adore.”

The LAST RETREAT is her spiritual insights from the last annual retreat that she was able to make before her death in 1906. She wrote this in August 1906.

St. Elizabeth of the Trinity was a French Discalced Carmelite nun, mystic and spiritual writer who completed her novitiate, and took her final vows on 11 January 1903. She became a spiritual director for many, and left a legacy of letters and retreat guides.

St. John Paul II considered St. Elizabeth of the Trinity to be one of the most influential mystics in his spiritual life.

St. Elizabeth of the Trinity called herself “The Praise of Glory of the Holy Trinity”.

Her last words were, “I am going to Light, to Love, to Life.”

Her famous prayer “O Trinity, whom I adore,” remains a masterpiece of praise and surrender to the divine indwelling of the Holy Trinity.

She spent the last 8 months of her life in the Carmel infirmary, which was for her a long retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment