My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Aloe Vera


Today's plant is the aloe vera!

Aloe vera is a popular medicinal plant that people have used for thousands of years. Aloe vera, or Aloe barbadensis, is a thick, short-stemmed plant that stores water in its leaves. It is best known for treating skin injuries, but it also has several other uses that could potentially benefit health.


Aloe vera, sometimes described as a “wonder plant,” stands second on the list of plants emitting oxygen at night. Simultaneously taking in the carbon dioxide that we breath out! All this leads to a purer quality of air and a better night's sleep.

And that's why I brought home an aloe vera plant in February 2018.


But what I didn't know was that aloe vera, being a succulent plant species of the genus Aloe, didn't need much water. An evergreen perennial, it originates from the Arabian Peninsula, and dies of overwatering! And that's what happened!


The first step in aloe vera plant care is to realize that this plant is a succulent. Like cacti, succulents do best in dry conditions!

I wasn't aware of this basic knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment