My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Chrysanthemum Plant


Today's plant is the Chrysanthemum plant which is sometimes called just the mum or chrysanth. They're flowering plants of the genus Chrysanthemum in the family Asteraceae. They are native to East Asia and northeastern Europe. Most species originate from East Asia and the center of diversity is in China. 

Chrysanthemum genus is of about 40 species of flowering plants and I still have one violet chrysanthemum plant. 

Violet chrysanthemums symbolize a wish to get well and they have always been my favourite - right from my childhood. Other common names for purple or violet chrysanthemums are purple Margaret Dixon. 

The purple chrysanthemum plant which I have has beautiful flowers and is really resilient -- it has been with me since 2018 and flowered twice.

Actually the purple chrysanthemum is plucked once a year in the middle of October and when these Chrysanthemum flowers bloom they brighten up the entire window garden.

Chrysanthemum flowers are the second most popular flowers in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment