My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Bamboo Plant

A few types of bamboo plants can tolerate indoor conditions, though most prefer to be grown outside. It is said that an indoor bamboo plant  can be the center attraction in our houseplant world. But my indoor bamboo plant which I bought in 2018 was drying up inside. I thought it needed as much light as possible - so I placed it in the window garden.


Since then my bamboo plant, or  bambusa bambos, as it is also known as, has been growing quite well. 


A bamboo plant is an evergreen perennial flowering plant in the subfamily Bambusoideae of the grass family Poaceae. The word "bamboo" comes from either Dutch or Portuguese languages.


The best part about a bamboo plant is that they are low on maintenance. You do not have to water them regularly. It is a versatile plant and most species can survive in many conditions. But bamboo growing in full sun will grow the fastest.


Bamboo (Bambusoideae) is a subfamily of grasses (Poaceae). There are 1,439 identified species of bamboo. 


I bought this bamboo plant as they give out oxygen and absorb carbon di-oxide from the environment, and keeping an indoor bamboo plant purifies the air around it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment