My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, May 18, 2020

Jasmine Plant


In the summer of 1989 we left Bhilai and shifted to Durgapur. The house that we lived in Durgapur was a dilapidated one without any boundary walls. 


It was in a miserable condition. So there was no chance of any gardening. But there was a small fertile patch near the tap where clothes were washed and vessels were scrubbed. So I managed to plant some jasmines there which were given to me by someone.

 

Luckily those jasmine bushes grew quite well in that tiny patch of land as they got full sun as well as a partial shaded area. Needless to say it was my pride!🤗


But again it was time to relocate! This time to Vasai. In Vasai we lived on the second floor of the building. Though I managed to put some potted plants, there would be constant fights with the first floor people because the water from the plants fell on their clothes. So one day my dad threw away all the pots. That was the end of my gardening in Vasai. Sadly, I don't even remember the plants I grew there!☹️

 

Then recently in 2018 again I tried growing Jasmine as a houseplant when I came to know that it is one of the plants rich in antioxidant. It survived for few months and I even got clusters of starry, pure-white flowers in the summer but then it dried up – I guess because of the air conditioner duct!☹️

 

This deciduous plant has always been one of my favourite plants because of its exotic fragrance in the summer season. Even though I am not a lover of flowering plants, I quite like jasmine plants because of their white sweet-smelling flowers in the summer. They are graceful to look at and have quite an appealing scent. Who knows I might try growing them again!🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment