My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Variegated Shell Ginger Plant


Today's plant is the variegated shell ginger plant (alpinia zerumbet 'variegata') - a tropical looking, large leaf foliage with bright striped leaves.

This is my newest favourite plant because till few days back I didn't even know its name! Until the day I had downloaded the plants name find outer app for a little while!🤗

I am sorry to write that I actually fell in love with the name of this plant which has been providing lush greenery to my window garden for quite some time now. 

A native to East Asia, I don't even remember when and why I bought this plant which grows in an upright clump. But this faithful variegated shell ginger plant of mine has been doing well in the bright sunlight of the window. I just need to keep its soil moist otherwise its beautiful large green and yellow streaked leaves look sad.

I am sure I must have grown this plant mostly for its foliage that create a dramatic display! 

This year awaiting for its pink and white bi-colour shell-shaped flowers!🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment