My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, February 13, 2023

The Dark Night of my Soul

Dear DLL Jesus,

In the third and last session of Day 1, I understood the true meaning of the Dark Night of the Soul. The true meaning of the Active and Passive Night of the senses. I realized that I am going through this phase in my life. 

When the difference between the two was explained I realized that I am in fact going through the exact experiences right now. Both the Active and Passive Nights of my senses are fully in existence in my struggle to love you sincerely. By the grace given by you, there are certain struggles that I can handle on my own. I realized that it is the Active Night. Then there are struggles that I am unable to handle at all - this is my Passive Night about which I keep crying to you - struggles and temptations that I succumb to despite trying hard. 

We were told that this is a lifelong process - the Dark Night continues as we try to enlighten the darkness of our souls by controlling our senses - it's a way of life.

Now I can understand my struggles, and the quest to be good, despite falling into sinful situations again and again. The mere fact that I am struggling to be good is the Dark Night of my Soul. It was explained so beautifully by Fr. Gregory from the Infant Jesus Shrine, Bikarnakatte - Mangalore. Thank you Jesus for the enlightenment through the doctrine of St. John of the Cross.

Forever indebted to you, forever in love with you and my Carmel Peace!❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment