My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, February 3, 2023

.......and they had no leisure even to eat!

Dear DLL Jesus,

The title of today's post is from tomorrow's gospel. One thing that I find selfish about the Catholics is how they throng to worship you only during special days and novenas to Mother Mary. Some of us are daily churchgoers and some just surface only during the special days and novenas. They not only surface but surface themselves before time. So much before the time of the Mass that the regular churchgoers don't get a place.

The same thing happened today also. Since it was the optional memoria of St. Blaise wherein the throats were to be blessed, the church was fully packed by the time I usually reach. So I had to sit in a different place today. Luckily I remembered about the blessing of the throats so I made sure to leave home a little early and walk fast. That's the reason I could at least get a place to sit.

The same thing happens even during the novenas to Mother Mary. I wonder from where such a large crowd comes tumbling in. Where are they on normal days? Why can't they tumble so much for you Jesus? Why do people flock to you during the Lenten season only? Where are they during the rest of the year? If they can flock to you during the Lenten season, why can't they flock all round the year? Why are they so selfish? How do they take time out only during these special days and novenas and the Lenten season? If they really don't have the time they should not be having the time at all.

And because of this, your priests don't have the leisure even to eat. They have to run around all the time!😥

No comments:

Post a Comment