My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Earliest Memories

Dear DLL Jesus,

I finished reading the first chapter of THE STORY OF A SOUL - SOS. I am going to refer to it as SOS because I am glued to it for its simplicity and will be writing a chapter-by-chapter comparative analysis of my own life - THE STORY OF MY SOUL - even though no one has asked me to do it.πŸ˜„ I will do it because I feel like doing it.πŸ€—

In Chapter 1, Earliest Memories, the Little Flower so beautifully narrated everything as she was an intelligent child and thus, remembered so much.

But unfortunately, I was not an intelligent child and so I don't remember anything much from my early childhood. I don't remember the first three to almost six years of my life except for the fact that I was rebellious from then on. And as my act of rebelliousness, I had eaten five boiled eggs that my mother had kept to make egg curry.😜 That's the only thing I remember because that incident is narrated even today to my daughters and husband. 

Another thing that I remember is the night I was supposedly bitten by a water snake while coming back from my neighbour's house after watching TV. I was with my two elder brothers who supposedly saw something retrieving back after biting me and after I had screamed in pain. It was raining heavily and we were barefoot. It was in Bhilai in the 1980s. No idea which year but I think I was in Std II. I think I am not sure. If Std II, then I should have been 7 years old and the year should have been 1983. But I am not at all sure about the year. But the bite mark is still there as the doctors cut a small portion of my foot to remove the poison.

Never mind the year but I was admitted to the hospital and missed school for a few days. My dad shouted at me a lot but immediately rushed me to the hospital on his cycle after tying my right leg with a string. I was given hot milk to drink and he continuously kept shouting at me. I was so scared - not of the snake bite but of my father's anger. Later on, he told me he had done it to keep me awake as sleeping could be dangerous for me.πŸ€—

And I also remember being very close to my second brother and ganging up with him to harass and fight with my elder brother. But during rainy nights all three of us sat inside a bedsheet to play - paan thela, paan thela. That's the earliest memories I have of my early childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment