My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, February 24, 2023

Chapter 8

In this chapter, I would just like to copy the quotes from the book - the quotes which I feel have been written for me:

1) I believe quite simply that it is Jesus himself, hidden in my poor heart, Who is mysteriously at work inspiring me from hour to hour with whatever He wishes me to do.

2) I had the unspeakable joy of receiving Holy Communion every day. It was indeed a sweet grace.

3) I had not sought this favour, but it brought me untold happiness to be united day after day to Him Whom my soul loved. 

4) He has shown the same mercy to me as to King Solomon. All my desires have been satisfied.......

5) .......drew my soul more closely to Him and made me see that He alone is unchangeable, that He alone can fill the vast abyss of my desires. 

6) .......in the least things, as in the greatest, God gives a hundredfold, even in this world, to those who have left all things for the love of Him.

7) always guiding and inspiring me.

8) .......He takes into account our weaknesses and knows so well the frailty of our nature.

9) at every moment God's merciful love renews and purifies me, cleansing my soul from all traces of sin. 

And my most favourite one:

10) He would not inspire me with the desires I feel, were He not willing to fulfil them.

What an inspiration to keep desiring!!!

Like the Little Flower, this Little Rebel or the Little Wild Flower, too has received much spiritual light through the works of St. John of the Cross. Like her, all other spiritual authors have left me cold. "However beautiful and touching a book may be, my heart does not respond and I read without understanding, or if I understand I cannot meditate".

For this Little Wild Flower too, "the Holy Scriptures are of the greatest assistance". She too "finds in them a hidden manna, pure and genuine. It is from the Gospels however that I derive most help in the time of prayer; I find in their pages all that my poor soul needs, and I am always discovering there new lights and hidden mysterious meanings".

To conclude:

"How sweet is the way of Love! True, one may fall and be unfaithful to grace, but Love knows how to draw profit from everything, and quickly consumes whatever may be displeasing to our Lord, leaving in the heart only a deep and humble peace".

No comments:

Post a Comment