My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Sunday, February 5, 2023

King David

While reading the book CARMEL AND BIBLE to which I am hooked presently, I have come to that chapter wherein it is written how St. Teresa of Avila had a great admiration for King David. St. Teresa of Avila was highly inspired by his life and wrote the following - "how David had sinned and then got converted to God and became holy, so too we must reorient our life to God finding the courage of going through conversion."

This line reminded me of how King David has been a great inspiration for me as well. It reminded me of how I was impressed by his conversion story during my Bible studies in 2010. His story in the Bible was a great inspiration for me and I remember doing a lot of research on him. I remembered how I used to aggressively research him. 

Thus immediately I searched for some of those blog posts. Though I posted them in November 2012 for a lesson plan for the first year as a catechist (Confirmation), he had already inspired my life and I had a great reverence for him. Also for St. Paul and St. Augustine who all had a conversion story. Also my forever favourite, my patron, St. Mary Magdalene!♥️ 

So all these sinners turned into saints played a major role in my life to get me closer and closer and closer to Jesus!!!🤗 

No comments:

Post a Comment