My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Sunday, February 26, 2023

I ❤️ my Temptation

"The theme of embracing our weakness so that we may depend totally on God is one that is typically Carmelite."

And so my dear DLL Jesus, my Heavenly Spouse, I would like to embrace my Weakness, my biggest temptation, so that I may totally depend on you, my Lord and my God. I wrote the above in 2020 and today when I am reminded about it again, I would like to do this because I have grown more in my understanding of the Carmelite way of life in the past three years.😇

Today is the first Sunday of Lent and the gospel tells us about the three temptations of Jesus. In fact, when I woke up in the morning, I woke up with the words that told me that these distances are to keep the temptations at bay. There is an equal amount of fervour at both ends and that's why this distance - to keep away all unnecessary hassles. 

So during the consecration in the Holy Mass, Lord, I asked for strength from you - so that we can keep control of our temptations. But I prayed that my temptation is not taken away from me as I want to make it my strength to totally depend on you, Lord! Let my temptation increase so that no new temptation comes my way. I thanked you for my temptation just as the great saints thanked you for their afflictions. Now I understand why they did that - they wanted to be dependent on you - I too want to be totally dependent on you!

I thank you for my temptation and pray for my temptation to remain with me. I pray for it to keep increasing with each passing moment so that my temptation is all I have to keep growing in my love for you. I love my temptation - I want it forever remain in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment