My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, February 24, 2023

Chapter 7 - Carmel At Last

Carmel at last 

Thursday, December 3, 2015, was the day chosen for me to enter Carmel. I have written about this in more than one post in the last few years.

Like the Little Flower, even in my case "our Lord Himself has always worked as my spiritual guide. It is only two months now that I have officially taken Fr. Nitesh as my spiritual guide. I don't know for how long he will be my guide as the XV Provincial Chapter is to take place this year. 

One thing that I have learned as a lay Carmelite is that "Jesus does not disclose everything at once to souls, but as a rule gives His light little by little". There are so many things that he has disclosed to me during my conversations with him and then there are so many questions that still remain unanswered. He has disrupted so many of my plans at the last moment for his plans to succeed. He has dealt with me patiently. He has taught me a lot of lessons and humbled me to keep me grounded in his love. He has taught me that it is his love I need the most in my life as a Carmelite and no matter how much I love the idea of being on the other side of the Cloistered convent, my responsibility to my family is my vocation. I can love him dearly from anywhere in the world. The Lord has taught me humility through my superiors. 

Though the Little Flower wrote these lines upon entering Carmel, for me it is how I feel now: 

"my soul is filled with so deep a peace that it baffles all attempts at description".


No comments:

Post a Comment