My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Transforming Eucharist

Dear DLL Jesus,

All the readings for the day and the hymns are so beautiful - today is one of those days when everything seems beautiful right from the beginning - first the Lauds and then Holy Mass.πŸ€—

Today I heard that entrance hymn for which my ears were longing - "I wandered far away from God" and the communion hymn "Come back to me" - that made the Holy Mass extra beautiful.

And the readings - a few verses from each reading managed to touch my heart from the time I read them last night. I would like to write them down: 

The first reading from Daniel 3:

.......for there will be no shame for those who trust in you.

Psalm 25 (image attached)

Acclamation:

Even now, declares the Lord, return to me with all your heart, for  I am gracious and merciful.

So with this conviction, I carry on my Lenten journey with renewed fervour!πŸ‘

According to today's Facebook memories, in 2019 I wrote about the transforming Eucharist of my life. I have written the following on Facebook:

"If I am not wrong, it was this hymn (amazing grace) during 2011 Ash Wednesday (9th March) that brought repentance in my life! I remember correctly that after attending the Mass and hearing this hymn, I decided to do some acts of penance that Lent. I decided to forgo certain things like my coffee, lunch and Facebook! 

That Mass brought transformation in me! Since that day, I try to be as attentive as I can be for all the Masses!"

Thus 9 March has yet another memory attached to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment