My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Saturday, March 4, 2023

4 March 1999

Dear DLL Jesus,

Today is the day, 24 years ago, that I landed in hubby's office after a long struggle with the local train strike that was called that day due to the water shortage. Under normal circumstances, I would have cancelled this appointment but I was jobless at that time. This one freelance appointment meant one assignment of money and I just couldn't afford to lose it. So I made sure to complete this assignment.

Thus, frustrated with the happenings of the day, I landed at hubby's office in the evening and I did not like it at all when he tried to be over-friendly with me. The fact is that I did not like him at all.😬 I was 22, jobless, and frustrated by being rejected again by someone a few months back.πŸ˜₯ And so, I was not at all interested in those over-friendly gestures made by to-be-hubby. I just kept ignoring him and his overtures!πŸ˜•

So when he gave me his business card to keep in touch with him, I very happily and conveniently forgot about it for almost the next two and a half months until I got a job and had to build my contacts for content.😜 It was then that I thought of contacting him.😜

But you know everything, Lord. You need not be told all this but I am writing to you to make me feel good. It was you who planned everything so that we both could love each other - I could love you the way you always loved me.πŸ€— You wanted me to love myself because you were seeing me struggle with my life without the support of my family. You felt pity for me because the years 1996 to 1999 were some of the most difficult years of my life. I was struggling alone and making a lot of mistakes in my quest for Prince Charming who was nowhere in sight. In vain was I searching for him in all the wrong places without knowing his exact location. I searched for him in all the wrong places. 

So you called me to you to show me the correct location - like the GPS you wanted to take me to the exact location of my happiness and Peace - and then you showed me my Peace in Carmel after many many years of struggle. You made me realize that my true happiness and Peace were already in Carmel - I didn't have to look anywhere else - Carmel was the final destination of my life - my Peace was always in Carmel and so I didn't have to look at the wrong places anymore for the wrong Peace and happiness.☺️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment