My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

1993 to 1999

If today we completed 20 years of living in Mira Road, then in June 2023 we complete 30 years of living in Mumbai. We shifted from Durgapur, West Bengal, to Vasai in June 1993. And life in Vasai from June 1993 to December 1999 till the time I got married wasn't at all a pleasant one - thanks to my dad who was becoming an aggressive drunkard.

Those years in Vasai were extremely painful. My dad had stopped working and whenever my dad became aggressive, I would run to the terrace to escape from him. The building had only two floors and we were on the second floor. So running to the terrace would be convenient and safe as the door was always open. Be it rainy or sunny, I found solace in the terrace. There was a nook big enough for me next to the water tank and I perched myself there. Sometimes with Motu and Teddu and sometimes alone.

I spoke with Teddu about the Unseen Unknown Prince Charming but never wrote in Motu about him. What if someone had to read it? So I would sit there for hours and hours fantasizing about how he would come to save his damsel in distress. It was my favorite pastime till I started working. Then I slowly stopped interacting with both Motu and Teddu. I outgrew them. Now I spoke with him directly - heart-to-heart conversations - just the way I do now with Jesus. 

Today a new enlightenment came to me - did I always unknowingly converse with Jesus? Otherwise, why did I find my Peace in Carmel and not in the world? Why did I witness this Unknown Unseen Peace last year on this day and then again in Bangalore in May? Why does it feel so familiar in Carmel? What is the connection? What am I missing? Has it always been Jesus? 

No comments:

Post a Comment