My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dressing Style



Every woman's dressing sense says something about her. And so does mine. I have realized that I have four distinct looks – one church only, second school look, third office look and fourth holiday with family look.

When I attend Eucharistic celebrations as Eucharistic Minister, I have to be extremely careful. For this, I have bought a lot of salwar kameezes which keeps me appropriately covered. Soon after this, I don the role of a catechist so this look suits me fine. There are young boys around in the class and I simply cannot afford to look too stylish and extravagant. I intentionally dress dull so that there are no implications and distractions in the classroom. I believe that since the time I have become a Eucharistic Minister, my dressing style has undergone a lot of changes and I love every bit of it. In my initial months, I was chastised for “immodest” dressing and since then I have learnt my lesson. I never attend any mass unless I am modestly dressed. That’s the thing for me.

So I have created my own dress style. While many clothing styles and options are available to today, there's nothing quite like owning your own distinct style. I never follow any so-called “essential fashion tips” that help me dress for the occasion. No matter where the winds of fashion change take us, I never get swayed by it. I know what looks good on me and I am extremely finicky about my dressing style. I have set certain golden rules on how to dress for myself. I guess these rules should be applicable to everyone no matter what age, life style, work or play or budget. We need to complement our personal style, because surely, the world is becoming more stylish, but is it at the expense of individuality?

Over time, almost everyone develops a preferred style of dress; this style is usually a reflection of who you are. I am a Eucharistic Minister, catechist, teacher, reporter, home maker and mother. There is some variation in style depending on whether it is church or office. Luckily for me, my curly hair will always and definitely be in-style and I am so happy that they have started growing! I just don’t need any expert style advice on how to dress for work. My dressing style reflects who I am. Fashion means different things to different people. It’s an expression of dressing style for women.


No comments:

Post a Comment