My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Celebrity





According to Wikipedia, a celebrity is a person who has a prominent profile and commands some degree of public fascination and influence in day-to-day media. Some of the synonyms of celebrity are hero, luminary, name, notable and personage. These nouns refer to a widely known person – it can either be a social celebrity; the heroes of science; a theatrical luminary; a big name in sports; a notable of the concert stage or even a personage in the field of philosophy.

I am nothing of the above but still I feel like a celebrity. I have been working since 1st February, 1996 – from the last seventeen years – but nowhere have I enjoyed this kind of celebrity status which I am enjoying in my new stint. Though I joined PROJECT T on 31st May, 2013 (Friday), the actual work began on 17th June, Monday. So, not even four months have been completed and I already feel like a celebrity here.

I always reach the premises before time but sometimes when I reach dot on time, on both sides of the gate are the Ss standing of all standards. All of them start wishing together and some of my own girl Ss keep showering compliments also. “Looking beautiful” is what I hear every day and chocolates and Oreo biscuits are what I eat everyday – they know my favorite chocolates and also know that I love Oreo. They know about my favorite color and keep asking about my favorite things. They are too eager to share their tiffin with me and come running to massage me whenever they see me in pain!

Though they are in the average age group of 7, they notice everything. They notice my handbag, clothes, lipstick color, hairstyle, nail polish color and even my teeth. They like everything I wear and do – once I had kept my hair open, so one of the elements quipped if I had been to the parlor!

Honestly, I enjoy these comments because I know they are still very young and innocent. Their minds have not yet been corrupted and whatever they say comes straight from their hearts. Nobody teaches them to say all these things to me – everything about them is fresh, natural and unpretentious. That’s what I love about them. And I love all 33 of them no matter how naughty they are or how much they irritate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment