My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wondering...



...what’s stopping me from writing that I have started having lemongrass tea from last Sunday (October 20) onwards. The benefits of lemongrass are immense and to begin with, it’s a great herb for reducing a fever or relieving stomach cramps. It also aids in digestion, especially in children. So this is the list of reasons to feel good about my wondrous cup of lemongrass tea.

But much more than these, it is also known to have a calming effect on the body and that’s the main reason why I have started having lemongrass tea. I have come to know that lemongrass has a zesty herbal brew that can help promote sleep and improve digestion. Though my digestion is good the area where I really need help is sleep.

Let me take the liberty of my research on lemongrass and write that it grows wild in Southeast Asia and Africa. The native people of these countries have been using it for its medicinal purposes since ancient times. Hopefully, the medicinal values of this herb will do me a whole lot of good.

Some of the other lemongrass tea benefits include stimulation and relaxation and other health reimbursements that have been used for centuries by the people of Asia. Lemongrass tea, served hot or cold, makes a wonderful lemony refreshing drink. I like to have hot lemongrass tea as it is very simple to make and is both delicious and good for my health.

Since Sunday evening I have been having this refreshing and restorative drink, which is considered as a sacred herb by the ancients due to its magical healing and protecting properties. I really hope and pray that it’s actually having its magical healing on me as well because lemongrass is valued even today due to its ability.

So, along with green and Tulsi tea, lemongrass is fast becoming one of my favorite teas because of its calming and soothing effects. It’s a great after dinner tea but I mostly have it in the evening when I am dead tired. I really can’t vouch for it so soon, but hopefully sooner than later, I will be able to write more about the healing processes it will have on me.

Another good thing about lemongrass tea is that it’s aromatic and flavorful. It has a mild taste of sweet ginger which uplifts the mood greatly. My brand of lemongrass tea is Ty-phoo, UK’s finest since 1903. It’s actually a “green tea lemongrass tea” with a tangy, zesty and refreshing taste to it. This green tea infused with the intriguing lemongrass fragrance refreshes me naturally. Along with this, I have got a Ty-phoo green tea pack free as an introductory offer.

PS: Though my heart was pounding, my fingers were shivering and I couldn’t make an eye contact with the congregation, I somehow managed to read the INTRODUCTION for the Rite of the Presentation of the Lord's Prayer mass at the church on the same day. Phew, it really takes a lot of courage to stand on the altar and read in front of thousands of people for a Sunday morning Eucharistic celebration (9:30 am). Guess, I can never muster enough courage to be a lector. Let me be happy with whatever I am. Everybody cannot do everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment