My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Charles Dickens



“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.”
--Sydney Carton (A Tale of Two Cities)


I read these absolutely beautiful lines from Charles Dickens’ Facebook posting. Something similar has been working on my mind since a long time but I couldn’t put it so beautifully into words. Perhaps only great writers like Charles Dickens could do that. Now if I have to read in between these lines and understand the symbolical meaning of them, I will put it my way and say that for me, PROJECT T has been the “far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done”. No matter how many frustrating moments I come across every day in the class, it has been the best thing of my life – honestly speaking, like everyone else’s life, in my life too there was an unknown emptiness which was filled by Jesus Christ. Then Jesus blessed me for repenting and being faithful to Him and gifted me PROJECT T. And I am ever thankful to God for giving me PROJECT T.

Then if I have to comprehend “it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known”, I would say that sitting at the feet of the Lord is the best rest I have ever known. When I am confused, I sit down at the feet of my Lord and surrender all my problems, pains and anxieties to Him. He crushes all the negativity of my life and gives me a new thinking and possibility.

So I have absolutely loved this line. I have a lot of things to write about this line. I feel a kind of proximity with this line. It explains my feelings and how well connected it is with the two most important current prospects of my life. As you must be aware, I have always considered St. Joseph Church as my second home and you know what, PROJECT T is nothing but an extension of our St. Joseph Church. PROJECT T is affiliated with St. Joseph Church, Mira Road (E). Can there be a greater blessing for me than this for being one of the faithful servants of Jesus Christ???

No comments:

Post a Comment