My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Maundy Thursday

Today is Maundy Thursday -- the fifth day of the Holy Week! The final week of Lent, which began on Palm Sunday and will run up until Easter. Today begins the Three Days (or Triduum), remembering the new commandment that Christ Jesus instituted. Maundy Thursday is also called Holy Thursday from the old Latin name for the day, "Dies Mandatum," i.e. "the day of the new commandment".

Maundy Thursday commemorates the Last Supper, which we Christians consider the institution of Holy Eucharist, also known as the Lord's Supper or the Last Supper. At the Last Supper, Jesus commanded that his disciples should love one another. He then washed their feet as an act of kindness. He also instituted the Eucharist and Priesthood. 

So I wished all the priests!🤗 And they all blessed me!🙏🏻

Thank you Lord for your holy ones! Never allow me to say or think anything bad about them! They are your anointed ones, especially chosen to be in your place! Let me always pray for them!🙏🏻

Every year on Maundy Thursday  there is commissioning of the Extraordinary Ministers of the Holy Communion. But this year there will be no commissioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment