My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, April 6, 2020

John 12:3

"Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil."

Yet another beautiful and favourite verse! This verse always manages to touch my heart and makes me feel like Mary Magdalene! She was so much in love with Jesus that she wipes his feet with her hair! And I? How much angry I get when someone touches my hair or my face? How possessive I am about my hair! Love and only love could have made her to do what she did. 

And what about my perfumes? Do I allow anyone to touch my perfume bottles? My most expensive perfume is Elizabeth Arden's PRETTY gifted by hubby on my  2018 birthday! How miserly I use it on special occasions!

And here is Mary Magdalene anointing the feet of Jesus with her most costly perfume!

No, I am not Mary Magdalene!  Absolutely not! I can never be! I am so stingy in my love for Jesus. I cannot be like her!

But I want to be like her πŸ˜” But there are so many hurdles! How right St. John of the Cross was when he wrote in the PRECAUTIONS that our family is our biggest enemy!☹️ It doesn't allow us to unite with the Lord! 

Every morning before the Mass I get irritated on hubby's behaviour! Every day I get irritated during the rosary. Because of the lockdown there is no quiet time with the Lord! Like Mary, now a days I am unable to sit at the feet of the LordπŸ˜₯ I am unable to hear what the Lord has to say! Everything is so noisy 😣 Full day the TV is on! I am not able to control my irritability! 

Initially I was happy that I will be able to enjoy living a monastic life during the lockdown! How to make it possible if you are irritated all the time! Except blogging I am not able to do anything properly - not even my prayers as hubby likes to accompany me! I am missing the silence of my life!πŸ˜”

No comments:

Post a Comment