My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, July 1, 2011

July’s here…

July, the seventh month of the year and the month of my birth, is finally here. Though around the world it is the hottest month of the year, the monsoon fun just starts in India in July. I guess Kerala would be an excellent place to be in at this time but we will have to make do with a fun night out, long weekend or extended getaway in Mumbai itself. Nothing more than this!

Some time back I had got a message claiming that July 2011 has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays and that this combination of days only occurs once in 823 years. Hmm, so what’s the big deal? Whatever it is, July always brings on the cheerful times for us all and will be my most favorite month.

I read somewhere that the month of July is a tribute to the colossal ego of Julius Caesar but I am a simple person without an iota of inflated feeling of pride in my superiority to others.

But what I like the most is that the month of July is dedicated to the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. The entire month falls within the liturgical season of Ordinary Time, which is represented by the liturgical color green. Well, I will have to get something green then.

No comments:

Post a Comment