My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, July 15, 2011

Homoeopathy

I am feeling enormously restless right now and so thought of writing something. Though I don’t have anything particular to talk about, I want to write something – anything – just to calm down my uneasiness. Writing down my thoughts always has a soothing effect on me. I can already feel my jumpy nerves quietening a bit.

Let me think. Okay, here we go….nowadays I am on homoeopathy medicine as I am sick and tired of allopathic medical aid. They are so bitter. Strictly for this reason I have given up coffee as well…no regrets so far!

What else? Hmm…well, I am reading the e-version of THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY by Oscar Wilde. I have not formed any opinion of this book so far. I am just reading it and honestly shocked to know the author’s opinion about women in some of the chapters. I am given to understand, through some of the characters in the story, that Wilde didn’t have a very good opinion about women. I find some of the things very derogatory and harsh on women. I don’t think all women fall in the category of what Wilde has written.

None the less, yesterday I was so disgusted with the snail-paced story telling by William Makepeace Thackeray in VANITY FAIR that I left it mid-way. The book has some 800+ pages and the print size is so fine that it becomes exceedingly annoying to read further than what I have done so far. VANITY FAIR, in my opinion, is the mother-of-all slow-paced Classics compared to which SILAS MARNER has been fairing in a decent pace. I don’t think I must have finished reading VANITY FAIR in my first innings and I cannot endure it any longer presently. Now I am reading ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER by Mark Twain and thoroughly enjoying it. Yesterday itself I devoured around seventeen chapters of this light-hearted Classic piece of literature.

I am feeling good and so I will write no more………

No comments:

Post a Comment