My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I am going ‘Mad’

The air is thick with excitement and I am eagerly awaiting my ‘meeting’ with Madhuri Dixit. I am on cloud nine and have created much hype at home, in the office and of course on FB. I just can’t hold on to my excitement. I can’t concentrate in my work, unable to read my e-book and just can’t sit still. I am hanging around in the office (more so because the cat is away) and calling up friends to tell them about this press conference. I am going ‘Mad’ for Madhuri.

But let me write down few more things. I guess I am immensely enjoying having green tea after lunch every afternoon though I add few granules of sugar in it. I couldn’t drink it without sugar the first day and with sugar it just tastes heavenly.

Monday night I finished reading THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER and have taken up HARD TIMES by Charles Dickens. I guess it is the tenth novel by Charles Dickens which was first published in 1854. “Now, what I want is, Facts. Teach these boys and girls nothing but Facts. Facts alone are wanted in life”…..is how the story starts. So far I have completed four chapters and I think I will manage to sail through the rest of the chapters without any darkening clouds on the horizon. It happens to be one of the shortest of Dickens’s novels and yes, I have read it once before also.

I have some wonderful collection of Charles Dickens like GREAT EXPECTATIONS, HARD TIMES, CHRISTMAS CAROL, THE TALE OF TWO CITIES, DAVID COPPERFIELD, DOMBEY AND SON, OLIVER TWIST (abridged) and a collection of short GHOST STORIES. I want to buy/read the unabridged edition of OLIVER TWIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment