My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chambor & Hidesign

Yesterday i.e. 4th July, 2011, I became the proud owner of a Chambor lipstick and a Hidesign handbag. With these two brands in my kitty, I have now moved into the bracket of luxury brands. On 3rd July I (at last) got my turquoise pendant and earrings. They were finally given to me after much delay. Furthermore, my leave for 11th (birthday) and 12th July (rest day) has been approved and now I can bring in my birthday celebrations from Friday afternoon itself. The excitement is in the air and, surely, this birthday will be the most memorable one for me for various reasons.

To begin with, this time I have done unending birthday shopping and on top of that, Golu really surprised me yesterday. While I was on my way to Oberoi Mall, he called up saying that I shouldn’t get disheartened looking at the prices of Hidesign handbags and should definitely not come back home empty handed. Instead, I should go ahead and buy whichever bag I like the most. He gave me the go ahead to really splurge myself. I was touched. But I selected one of the most decent looking and also one of the most decently priced handbags for me. I know where to stop. Then also this stylish day bag has cost me a bomb. There was a time in my life when I had just aspired for that kind of money as my salary. Now by the grace of Jesus Christ, I buy handbags costing that kind of money. And if I am not mistaken, European luxury company LVMH holds a 20% stake in Hidesign. Wow!

Golu also told me to go to his Pepe outlet and select four top wears for myself. But fortunately or unfortunately, I didn’t like any stuff over there. Somehow I don’t like Pepe tops; I just like their jeans. They fit me to the T (whatever it means).

Then since I had ‘some’ money left with me, instead of taking it back home (I don’t believe in that), I bought a Chambor lipstick. Actually, while I was standing outside Lifestyle, the Chambor counter looked very tempting. I just went inside and bought a lipstick. He he he……!!!

Well, yesterday I finished reading LADY CHATTERLEY’S LOVER (most disgusting book) and today I start reading SILAS MARNER by George Eliot (her third novel) in the train. I hadn’t liked LADY CHATTERLEY’S LOVER earlier also and this time as well I didn’t like it. The story somehow didn’t appeal to me and the language was pathetic. When I was reading SILAS MARNER for the first time, I had left it midway. I had found it painstakingly slow paced and the language a bit difficult. I hope I will like it this time because now I am used to reading slow paced books and well versed with difficult language.

No comments:

Post a Comment