My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rejuvenated…

Though these last four days absolutely rejuvenated me, a mishap this morning has brought me down to the real world from cloud nine. I injured my right knee in the morning and have been limping since then. Otherwise, life has been perfectly blissful since my birthday. This birthday happened to be one of the most memorable birthdays so far……for various reasons!

On the morning of my birthday, I received two surprises – firstly, my Golu gifted me a shiny thousand rupee note and, secondly, a fresh and colorful bouquet on the doorstep. He never pulls out any surprises so when I saw these two things I turned sentimental. Later on we went to the church and sat in the chapel for a little while. I felt so peaceful from within.

And how can I forget the lovely messages that kept pouring in on Facebook? I didn’t have to be online; I was intimated of all the messages and texts on the wall through sms. I have lost count of the number of people who wished me on my birthday this time – mostly all school friends – whom I had searched on FB. Birthday wishes from these long-lost friends were indeed special…I felt so nice!

Then we had a vegetarian lunch (for a change) because it was going to be a heavy non-vegetarian dinner for sure. While having lunch, I requested a song to be played on 104.8 FM. Within no time, my favorite RJ, Komal, who has also become a very good friend of mine, called up to wish me and also to take my song request – to be played on air. I said “sama hai suhana suhana” and she too felt that it was the apt song to be played as I was enjoying myself immensely with my family. After lunch, we went for a long drive (listening to 104.8 FM) and on the way, a heavy rain started falling. We were hooting and the hooting became louder when my song was being played. While coming back home, we went to ‘meet’ Chestnut. Nobody allowed me to get down and pat him. I was feeling sad for him and I could make out that he too was sad as I wasn’t getting down from the car to pat him. He walked away sadly. I came away with a heavy heart.

In the night, we went for dinner but it turned out to be a ‘dry day’ (some ekadashi). Golu told the restaurant manager that since it was his wife’s birthday, he wanted to celebrate with alcohol. So the manager let us a room for a little while, provided we vacated it before 12o’clock! He didn’t want to turn us away! So we enjoyed my birthday dinner in a small cozy room (free of cost). We ended my birthday celebrations with ‘misthi paan’ and next day, i.e., yesterday, both of us watched DELHI BELLY.

Had it not been for my injured knee, it would have been a perfect rejuvenation. But then all things come with a price tag………!

PS: Just wondering. Do people really like me so much? There are still some belated wishes that are continuing to come in…………! I am flattered…………!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment