My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Coffee - physically and spiritually unhealthy

While researching on coffee, I came across this paragraph:

“A contemporary example of coffee prohibition can be found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a religion with about 12.5 million followers worldwide, which calls for complete coffee abstinence. The Church of Latter-Day Saints claims that it is both physically and spiritually unhealthy to consume coffee. This comes from the Mormon doctrine of health, given in 1833 by Mormon founder Joseph Smith, in a revelation called the Word of Wisdom. It does not identify coffee by name, but includes the statement that "hot drinks are not for the belly", a statement which was later applied to coffee or tea.”

What should I do? Give up?

No comments:

Post a Comment