My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My happiness is back…..

…..and I am so very glad about it. I am my former happy self…once again! By the grace of Jesus Christ, I am the same old Jubilee Cardozo that I used to be earlier. My life is back to normal and what better way to prove this but been recognized by my Chestnut near Mira Road station and almost getting dropped down by him in the dirty water. But first things first! Praise be to Lord Jesus Christ, I am as happy as happy could be.

I started getting back into my former happy frame of mind by Friday, 17th June 2011. On that day, since morning itself, I was in an extremely happy state and by evening, my happiness just kept multiplying. In the office, I kept surprising everyone by cracking jokes and pulling everyone’s leg – everyone wondered what exactly was wrong with me. In the afternoon, Oye 104.8 FM’s RJ Komal called me. She cajoled me to participate in one of their contests of singing “sabse besura” song but I managed to somehow sound not all that ‘besura’ and so didn’t win the contest. Thank God! Then she played my request on air and the tempo of my happiness kept growing.

I was so happy that I decided to go for shopping and landed myself at Phoenix Mill’s LANDMARK. I bought one perfume for Golu (to gift him on 19th June) and three books (JUDE THE OBSCURE, THE GREAT GATSBY and a short story collection by F. Scott Fitzgerald) for myself and two books for Googaa and Goldie. But I am very sure that I will not buy any more books from Landmark. I have a better collection of Classics than them. Waste of time.

I was late to come back home so I went to pick up chicken biryani for dinner and it was during this time that Chestnut saw me. I was shocked to see that he was observing me closely. I too was tempted and called out to him. He came running towards me and after assuring himself by continuously sniffing me that I was his same old momma, he climbed on my body and almost dropped me in the puddle of dirty water. He scratched me, pawed me and dirtied my jeans and shirt. But I was so happy and so was he – at long last we had encountered each other. He came behind me till the biryani shop but after that I dodged him and got into the rickshaw before he could follow me further. My heart went out for him. Indeed, dogs are so very faithful. I am so glad he still loves me the way I do. Black didn’t even bother to give me a second look. But sorry to say, neither do I care that much for him. I am so happy that Chestnut still remembers me.

I finished reading CHOKHER BALI on Friday night and its VANITY FAIR (a novel without a hero) by William Makepeace Thackeray that I am reading now. Yes, yes, yes….I am reading it for the second time but can’t really remember whether I liked it the first time. But yes, I am surely enjoying it this time. The world is so very conceited and this is the right time to read VANITY FAIR (to know the world better)!

I spent my entire Saturday reading VANITY FAIR and looking forward to 19th June on Sunday. I wore my purple corduroy trousers on Sunday and had a gala time with my Golu (one pic is already up on FB as my latest profile picture). Talking about FB, I am so glad that all creepy crawly creatures are out from my friends list. Like former times, FB too gives me immense happiness nowadays since all anti-social elements have been wiped off for good.

Okay, getting back to 19th June, I had a sizzling sizzler at Jughead’s and that really made my day though we couldn’t go to Bandra’s Seaside Café as planned. Nonetheless, it was yet another memorable 19th June.

Looks like, I am addicted to Elizabeth Arden (EA) fragrances. Yesterday, I bought EA’s 5th Avenue ‘After Five’ perfume for my birthday from Lifestyle (Oberoi Mall) at Goregaon. When I was researching about this fragrance, something like “the night is young, there is music in the background and the famous NY Avenue livens, the air is filled with electricity and romance promising an evening full of passion, the party is just getting started” is what I found. Hmm, this feeling of gaiety, romance and excitement is what I want to experience from my birthday onwards (for the rest of my life). But, honestly, this new fragrance is indeed refreshing and has a flowery fragrance and I selected it after a lot of headache (literally). I tried so many fragrances yesterday that I ended up with a splitting headache and went home miserably happy.

I guess, I want to make Oberoi Mall my final destination for shopping as it has everything – Crossword, Café Coffee Day, Pepe Jeans, and a lot more brands which I can’t recollect right now. It will be a favorite hunting ground for the ‘three girls’ even when Golu cannot take us in the i10 – AC bus from Mira Road can take the three of us there…the bus has a halt there….!

PS: Today is World Music Day….so let the happy state of my mind play on like music….!

No comments:

Post a Comment