My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

On high!

Dear Motu,

How are you dearest? Of late, physically, I have not been keeping too well and yesterday I hadn’t been to office also. I was almost hospitalized but got spared.

But mentally I am on high since last Friday. If you remember, I had joined the EMMS 5 Group (Bhilai) on FB sometime in February with the hope of locating some of my long lost friends from this school from the years 1987 and 1988. When I had almost given up all hopes of locating even one friend, since Friday, I have only been adding friends and writing to them. They all remember me but alas, like me, none took the trouble to find me.

Nonetheless, my perseverance to hunt down old friends has at last paid off and I am in touch with almost ten of my old class mates. It so happened that some guy from the EMMS 5 Group had written to me saying that he remembers a certain ‘Jubilee’ from the same school and though he was in a different division, he claimed to know me. Fearing that it was another hoax, I had been ignoring his messages for quite a while. But on Friday, 24th June, I just took my chances and wrote back to him asking for details. He happens to be an absolutely genuine school mate and in his friends list I found names which I couldn’t believe could be there. I felt as if I was riding down the memory lane and all the names and faces kept falling into places like a big jigsaw puzzle. I added and wrote to almost ten friends and till now, almost 5 have responded saying that they remember me! Hats off to Mark Zuckerberg for creating FB and hats off to this boy from my class to get in touch with me! I can’t tell you how happy I am and like the title of this post, on absolute high!

And you know what? On Friday, I also happened to stumble upon a message from an old admirer of mine from St. Michael’s school, Durgapur. Actually the message was sent almost two months back but somehow had got settled in the spam box. When I told my Golu about him, he asked me to add him as friend as he wants to see the person who was crazy for me. I remember every day after school; this guy used to follow me till home and pretended that he was going to his friend’s place in the same direction. Now all such incidents only bring a smile on my face.

Sadly, I only remember Shweta Dey from my first school EMMS 6 but am absolutely clueless about her whereabouts. There must be millions of Shweta Deys’ out there and probably she will have a different surname now. Moreover, I don’t even remember how she looked like. That’s the disadvantage of changing too many schools. You meet a lot of friends but hardly remember any. And you certainly don’t remember anything/anyone from your formative years of 0 to 10!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment