My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, March 4, 2011

Twelve years - 4th March 1999 to 2011

“Darrrrrling ankhon se ankhen chaar paanch che saat aath nau dus gyarah ‘barah’ karne do…..” I like this song and took the liberty of tweaking it a bit to use it as per my convenience. I wanted to use this song to describe the number of years we complete on 4th March this year. It’s been twelve years since the day I went to my Golu’s office to interview MM Kreem and twelve years since the day he started liking me.

Another quote which I got while searching was from a 1965 Hollywood movie Shenandoah - “But when you’ve lived together for a dozen years, you’ll realize that comfort’s not what counts” – and how very true!!!

While reading the Bible, I came across this quote: “The Most High has made everything in pairs, each thing the opposite of something else.” Sirach 33:15
All these are more than sufficient to describe what I am feeling on this 4th March.

I and my Golu are poles apart yet there’s a strong chemistry in the two us that binds us together. We are totally opposite when it comes to clothes, music and other habits. But I am quite convinced that that’s the way it has to be now after reading this verse from the Bible. After all, isn’t it true that opposites attract.
One thing common in both is dedication, commitment and absolute ego-less feeling for each other. We have given each other absolute space in our relationship and we never encroach or breathe down each other’s neck. There’s a trust factor which binds us together and nowadays I am extra careful about it. So these are some of the ingredients that make our married life a happy and strong one. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment