My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, March 7, 2011

Prodigious daughters

Our two daughters Jemimah and Jewel are indeed prodigious. They keep surprising us and making us proud in all walks of life – be it studies, sports, extra-curricular activities, and now even religion.

It seems there was a Bible Quiz Competition in September 2010 for which Jewel stood 2nd in her Sunday Class. Yesterday she got a certificate and a book for it. Jemimah got only a certificate but never mind she too has been making us proud by excelling in her studies all the time. That’s the reason she was honoured on her Sports Day in November 2010. She had the maximum number of certificates because of which she declared the Sports Meet open by running with the burning torch. And it’s just the tip of the iceberg.

But they are quite a talkative lot – both in a good and a bad way – it can be really annoying sometimes. Last night, Goldie i.e. Jewel was wasting stapler pins. So I told her that she shouldn’t waste anything as everything comes with a cost and nothing in this world is free. Promptly she said that one thing comes free and that it’s you (meaning me, her momma). To this Jemimah added that even dada has come free of cost. So I told her that if parents have come free of cost, then they should be valuing us a lot and also respect us all the time.

I was touched by Goldie’s observation. This is not the only time she has said such prodigious things. She is just 6-years-old but keeps saying things which make me think. Most of the times I am caught off-guard by her strong observation!

No comments:

Post a Comment