My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

My life in 1996

In 1996 I lived in Vasai. It was my burning desire to be a journalist. So I joined Exim on 1st February as a trainee journalist. I was a part timer. In the morning I went to the office and came back in the afternoon to attend college. I was on cloud nine. Thus went on life for a few months. 

Then I fell sick! It was quite bad so the doctor advised a change of place. So my mother took me to her sister's house in Jamshedpur. We stayed there for a couple of months. I enjoyed it over there. There were no distractions and the heart was quite peaceful. But then it was time to come back to my maddening world - come back to my alcoholic father and two dominating elder brothers! I didn't want to but I had to! 

So I came back to Vasai. Again my heart was restless. So I started looking out for a job. Though I got a job it was not a writing job. Still, I took it up because I wanted to be away from my maddening family as much as possible. It was a full-time job and I was happy because it allowed me to be away from the wrath of my father. Since I was single, I indulged in my clothes as I loved to wear pretty clothes. 

Here I would not say that I enjoyed my singlehood as it was not that easy. It was so much difficult to handle my inferiority complex because of my father. He made me feel like a non-achiever - nothing I did could make him happy - so I was a rebel in my own way - I did exactly what he didn't want me to!

That is how my life was in the year 1996. 

A 20-year-old college dropout who had no idea what to do in life - different from her family in her ideology and confused and a loner and headstrong!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment