My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

1997 and 1998

They say that the more you try to remember, the more you are reminded! So when I wrote about my life in 1996, the more I am reminded of my life in the following two years.

The following two years 1997 and 1998 were the most difficult years of my life. As the atrocities at home kept increasing, there was a desperate need of earning my own money to keep me going. Though I desired to write for big publications, they would not allow me to work because of my non-qualifications. So I had to make do with small b2b publications that didn't mind my non-qualifications. The salary was just enough to sustain me. 

Though my life was in shambles I had high hopes. I had the high hopes that my tall, dark and handsome Prince Charming would soon come riding on his horse, fall head over heels in love with me and sweep me off my feet. I wanted my Prince Charming to be an Air Force pilot because my father was in the Air Force. That was the only thing about him that I liked. 

So day in and day out I just kept dreaming and waiting for my Prince Charming. It was so difficult to like and dislike all the wrong guys during this waiting period. I broke many hearts and many broke my heart. No matter how much I searched no one was able to fit into my definition of my Prince Charming. No one matched his description. I was always heartbroken.

What painful days and nights and years those were! There was no peace anywhere, no one matched the description of my Prince Charming and I was wondering whether he existed anywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment