My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, June 9, 2022

2001

During the Easter vigil in 2001, I got baptised after much pressure from the inlaws. I was expecting my first baby and we were thrown out of the house for the second time. None of the people who forced me into Christianity was present during the baptism. Only the two of us. My RCIA sponsor had gifted me a Bible. So I used to read the Bible in the afternoons as I had stopped going to work after falling at Mira Road station. 

I wrote down the verses that I liked - I still have them with me! I used to pray also - just mumbled a few words about the safety of my baby in my womb! I attended Sunday Mass regularly. Those were the few spiritual exercises I did for the next few years - I didn't know what else to do! But whatever I did I did it wholeheartedly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment