My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, January 7, 2013

You are called…

Yesterday, while we were been trained for Spiritual Counseling, the Minister kept telling us that “you all are here, because you have been CALLED BY GOD”. He insisted that it’s not by chance that we are being trained as Spiritual Counselors, but since God knows that we can do this honestly and truthfully, that’s why God Has chosen us to be part of this counseling. He kept quoting passages from the Bible which indicate how different people from different generations have been called by God to minister in His name. He quoted Phi 2:13-15, Phi 4:13 and Rom 11:29 wherein it has been specifically mentioned how God calls us according to our capabilities and talents.

He said we are here because God finds us “worthy” for this ministry and “once God calls you, He will never ask you to go back”. It’s not with God to send back any person, but it’s the human beings who go back from God. I felt so good to know all this.

So, here are some quotes from the Bible while I was researching on YOU ARE CALLED.
• For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered…
• If you are a believer in Christ deep inside of you is a voice calling you to glorify God through good works…
• Dearest Lord, You've called us here, And opened up Your heart. O the joy to hear Your call. And enter in the Ark. Saving us from day to day…
• [I Timothy 3:1, NASB] Likewise, it is a high honor to be called of God into the ministry of the Church…

And here’s what David, my favorite Biblical character, has to say:
“LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance” (Ps 16:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment