My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Apologetics talk

On January 25, I am attending an apologetics talk by Fr. Vincent Barboza. To quote Wikipedia, apologetics (from Greek ἀπολογία, "speaking in defense") is the discipline of defending a position (often religious) through the systematic use of information. Early Christian writers (c. 120–220) who defended their faith against critics and recommended their faith to outsiders were called apologists. So, Fr. Barboza happens to be an apologist who comes to our church once in a while to give his talks. This time he will be talking on DO WE WORSHIP SAINTS?

By these apologetic talks, the apologists like Fr. Barboza are able to remove any kind of intellectual impediments to Christian faith, thereby enhancing believers’ confidence. As apologetics is the branch of Christianity dealing with the defense and establishment of the Christian faith, it’s really very helpful for animators and catechists like me. This theological science is for the purpose of explanation and defense of the Christian religion. Apologetics is the theological discipline that defends the truth of the Christian message and a catechist should know the truth of the message before passing it on to her students.

Fr. Vincent Barboza has authored the hugely popular apologetics booklet, CATHOLIC ANSWERS TO CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTLISTS' QUESTIONS. Fr. Barboza has been zealously defending the teachings of the Church, especially against Christian (non-Catholic) fundamentalists who deliberately or ignorantly misquote and misinterpret the Bible in order to lead innocent and gullible Catholics away from the Church.

Earlier, on 28th October, 2012, I had attended his talk on DO CATHOLICS WORSHIP IDOLS and I must say it was extremely informative for me. I had thoroughly gained from his talk and that’s the reason, I will be attending his next talk as well. The details of his talk on worshipping the idols can be read on http://www.catholicfaithfacts.com/home/do-catholics-worship-idols.html . It’s extremely informative and in my opinion, everyone should know the facts of Catholicism.

Fr. Barboza will be giving more apologetics talk in my church from February 17 to February 21 (5 days) during the Lenten season for an hour (7:30 to 8:30 pm). I don’t want to miss out on these talks so I will be scheduling myself in such a way that I am able to attend all the five talks’ everyday without fail. Just praying to our Lord God Jesus Christ that I am able to attend these talks!


No comments:

Post a Comment