My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Year Resolutions

Yesterday I attended the first OCD meditative prayer of my life and I must write that this is something I had been looking out for since a long time. All I have always yearned for is to sit quietly for some time and meditate the name of Jesus Christ. It was really spiritually refreshing for me.

Since it was the first prayer gathering of the year and one after almost a month (that’s what it was told), the Brothers urged us to make some resolutions for the year and meditate on the resolutions for the rest of 2013. One of the Brothers read out a beautiful scripture passage from one of the letters of St. Paul wherein he is telling the recipient of the letter to be “happy” and “perfect” by invoking the grace of Lord Jesus Christ on them. It was such an extremely striking passage but I just can’t remember the exact words and, sadly, I didn’t ask the Brother from where it was taken. I tried to research on it but that passage isn’t showing up anywhere. So I have decided to write two separate posts on “happiness” and “perfectionism” which we have been told to strive on and meditate and live with for the entire year.

We were told that in the past also we must have made resolutions for the New Year which we might or might not have to able to fulfill. So, this time, we were asked to call upon the grace and help of our beloved Lord Jesus Christ so that He would help us in keeping up to our resolutions because without God nothing is possible. And with God everything is possible!!!

So, here are the three things which will make me HAPPY this year:

1. Read the Bible every day
2. Meditation and prayer
3. Read spiritual writings

And the three things which will make me PERFECT are:
1. Not lose my temper
2. Not being impatient
3. Not use harsh words

I pray with a sincere heart that Jesus Christ will help me to stick to all my resolutions for not only this year but for all the coming years of my life. Amen!!!

PS: This is something about my Reading that day. It was my Golu who first told me not to worry about it and yesterday two more people assured me that there wasn’t any problem in the way I went on with my reading. Firstly, it was one of the Brothers who praised me for my reading and said that though I had made a mistake, I carried on reading confidently. I didn’t allow the mistake to fluster me and that’s what makes him like my self-confidence.

Secondly, the one who had asked me to do the reading gave her feedback that I was loud and clear and though I did make mistake, it was alright.

So, praise the Lord for being good to me all the time. Is it time about to think of becoming a lector? Let’s see what God has planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment