My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, January 7, 2013

Spiritual Counseling

The New Year couldn’t have started in a better way – the exordium of 2013 has been immensely good – I am been trained to be a member of my parish Spiritual Counseling team for the forthcoming inner healing retreats on 19th January and 9th February. I feel humbled, honored and loved – loved by Jesus Christ because He trusts my abilities and has called me for this ministry. I will learn counseling from a spiritual perspective which covers not only standard counseling work but also holistic healing.

Spiritual Counseling takes the Soul, rather than the Mind, as its starting point of balance. Spiritual Counseling takes the view that there are two possible views of ourselves: the Primal Lie and the Primal Truth, helping an individual to determine and set their personal spiritual goals. This effective Counseling addresses the body, mind, and spirit. The field of counseling has been slow in recognizing the need to address spiritual and religious aspects.

By been a part of this Spiritual Counseling team, I am feeling a sense of involvement and experiencing deeper sense of meaning and purpose of my life and faith in Jesus Christ. I guess this Spiritual Counseling and awareness is beneficial for me as well as everyone in my family and to whomever I will be counseling. As a Spiritual Counselor I will have to listen deeply to the whole of someone’s being and provide a safe answer – this will enable me to listen to my own family also and handle them in an apt manner. In essence, Spiritual Counseling will enable me as a human being to be in complete acceptance and non-judgmental, listening deeply to what is being said and maintain utter secrecy.

Since last night, spiritual approach to healing life’s deepest problems and counseling philosophy for spiritual healing seems to be my soul’s life purpose. I had been dying to write this post and express myself because I love the basic concept of Spiritual Counseling. It works on the simple basis that in essence we are all already whole, i.e. there is nothing wrong with anyone. Isn’t this just beautiful? Can anything be as lovely as this? Without any major blame game, it’s a safe and gentle holistic healing method that one can use to help bring peace and wellbeing to their body and mind.

Another thing which I like most about Spiritual Counseling is that the primary purpose for the counselor system is to foster trust among people. By undergoing this training, I can not only help others, but also share inspiring and delightful activities, and enjoy the special bond of soul friendship of a mother and daughters with my cute daughters. And also why not with my husband!!!

Hopefully, while undergoing this training, I will be able to spiritually Counsel my own self and able to go to the root of my own problems, something that has been bothering me. Honestly, by this Spiritual Counseling, I am looking forward to rediscover my own self. Spiritual Counseling is an experiential approach to disarming the ego which protects the self from change and challenge.

So I shake off all the skepticism I had about 2013. I had been wondering what vocation should I take up this year to keep myself spiritually motivated and Jesus Himself provided this wonderful vocation for me. Whoever has said that God has all the answers is so very right. I only hope and pray that I am able to live up to the worthiness that Jesus has bestowed on me at the beginning of this New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment