My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30

Between my last post on Monday, January 28, 2013, till today, a lot of positive developments have taken place. Ideally, I would have loved to write separate posts for each incident, but because of lack of time today, I am unable to do so. So I am writing down all the incidents one by one in the same post with separate headlines.

Pimkie Handbags

My fetish for handbags is not unknown to my Golu and so he got three big and beautiful Pimkie handbags for me from Spain. I have absolutely no idea how big or small this brand Pimkie is in Spain, but the very fact that all the three handbags are simply mind-blowing is what matters the most. I am glad that Golu could bring something which I love and also of my taste. The bags, along with lots and lots of chocolates, were given to me on Sunday, January 27.

Hindi Eucharistic Celebration

Then on Monday, January 28, we attended the very first Hindi Eucharistic celebration of our lives. This week Googaa had got serving for Monday 7o’clock mass which happened to be Hindi. Though some of the things went bumper for me and mainly for Googaa, I absolutely loved attending the Hindi mass. It has been a very exciting experience for me to have attended the same.

37 Million Diyas campaign: “Say Yes to Love, Say No to Violence”

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to be a part of the newly-launched 37 Million Diyas campaign by the Archdiocese of Bombay to raise awareness and initiate change in the attitude toward and the treatment of women in India, conducted by our church. It was really heart-wrenching to know about the way the girls and women are treated in India and I really thank my stars for giving me a husband like my Golu who treats me as well as the daughters like a queen and princesses. The facts and figures shared in the church were simply horrifying and brought tears to my eyes.

But something exciting took place to sooth this feeling. This something can eventually materialize into something beautiful if I take it seriously. The vice president of our church has put in a proposal for me to be the youth animator for 6-7 communities. It will need a lot of dedication, commitment and 10-12 hours of interaction with the youth in a month. I am still wondering whether or not to take up this humongous responsibility because it will involve a lot of meetings with the youth which are obviously very time-consuming. I am still in the process of making up my mind about this proposal.

30 January, 2004

And the most important thing about today is that today is January 30. It was on this day in 2004 that we got the good news about Goldie. Oh my god, it’s already nine years. It will be clichéd to say how time flies but actually how time has flown by and my Goldie is going to be nine years old on September 30. She will be promoted to grade IV this year and in 2014 she will be receiving her First Holy Communion. Wasn’t it just yesterday that the doctor had confirmed the news to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment