My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, January 7, 2013

My second home

In school, I was taught that a school is our second home. Nowadays I have started considering my parish, St. Joseph Church, my second home. I feel so peaceful and happy the moment I enter its gate. There’s this feeling in my heart always that it’s the most safest place on earth and nothing bad will happen to me or any one of us when we are over there. I feel so proud of my St. Joseph church that I keep trying to highlight it as much as possible on Facebook.

Well, let’s start by defining the word “Church”. It comes from the old English and German word pronounced “kirche” which means a building set apart for Christian worship. The Greek word translated church in the New Testament is “ekklesia”. It’s also defined as a group of Christians and is a Biblical word for “assembly”.

But the true Biblical meaning of Church means body of Christ. The Church is neither a denomination nor a building. It is not the people but it is the sum total of all the ministries (Christ in us), the Bride of Christ. So we have to be respectful towards our church as it is the body of Christ and Christ Himself is the head.

I feel proud that I am a part of this body as an animator, catechist and Eucharistic minister. I need to dress up modestly whenever I am at the church as it’s actually Christ’s body that I am worshipping. I always need to be careful with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment