My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, January 28, 2013

Transformation

Transformation means a complete change of form or appearance into a more beautiful or spiritual state. Transformation may also mean Transfiguration. Just like the Transfiguration of Jesus, one of the important episodes in the New Testament narrative in which Jesus is transfigured (or metamorphosed) on Mount Sinai and becomes radiant, transformation may also refer to (according to Wikipedia), Transfiguration. This Transfiguration of Jesus, an event reported by the Synoptic Gospels in which Jesus underwent transfiguration, was the culminating point of Christ’s public life.

Much in the same way there has been a transformation or transfiguration in my life as well – right from my own Baptism (starting point) till its end (whenever it will be). After this transfiguration there has been a marked change in my form and appearance and my spiritual life has undergone a metamorphosis. Much like Jesus’ transfiguration, this transformation in my life has brought in a change that has glorified and exalted me, since the dictionary meaning of transformation also includes a marked change in character usually for the better.

Though “The Transfiguration” is the last painting by the Italian High Renaissance master Raphael, in my life 2012 was an amazing year for my Transfiguration. Just like every event in the life of Christ had a significance and nothing happened without a purpose, everything in my life also has been happening for a purpose – both at the macro (large-scale) and micro (level). I guess my baptism way back in April 2001 was the transformation on the macro level and my most recent transformation (in the micro level) was just recently in January 2012.

The rest, as they say, is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment