My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Friday, January 25, 2013

Enrich Salon & Academy

For our 13th Wedding Anniversary on 28th December, 2012, my Golu had given me a gift voucher of Enrich Salon & Academy. He wanted me to straighten my hair there for that day but I went to my regular parlor to do that as I didn’t want to risk my looks on that day. But today after much contemplation, I went to redeem the voucher at Enrich’s Mira Road outlet. Though Enrich was established in 1997, with Mulund as its first location, they had opened the Mira Road outlet around the same time last year.

One little apprehension which I had with Enrich earlier was that they are a chain of unisex salon in Mumbai and so I had my inhibitions to get myself beautified over there. But now I know why they are considered to be one of the elite salons – they have separate male and female sections and that came as a welcome relief. I got a “rejuvenating facial” done for myself and quite enjoyed it – with the remaining money of the voucher, I got my eyebrows and upper lips also done. I am glad I didn’t have to shell out any money from my own pocket and my own parlor money for this month also got saved and now I can use this money to start off my 2013 birthday shopping.

So I liked the overall treatment I was given at Enrich and have no qualms on their achievement of a Super Brand status. Guess, they deserve it. I had a good experience; now I won’t think twice before getting any beauty treatment done from them.

On a more serious note, I am happy to write that I managed to attend Fr. Vincent Barboza’s Apologetics Talk on DO WE CATHOLICS WORSHIP SAINTS. I must say that it was just too informative for a person like me though I never have any inhibitions and doubts about anything the Church does. But it’s always good to have an in-depth knowledge of my new-found Christian religion as every small and big detail about Christianity will enable me to teach better and also defend my faith and conviction. I tried to jot down the notes as much and as fast as I could which I can always use as my reference.

I so much liked this talk that I couldn’t wait till tomorrow to post it in my blog. Moreover, on Saturdays I hardly get any time to blog so I thought since I don’t have anything else to do and also because am not feeling all that sleepy, I should finish writing my post. Monday would be too late.

Fr. Vincent Barboza confirmed that he will be back again in our parish for four days during the Lenten season with some very “interesting topics”. So, waiting with bated breath for Fr. Barboza to speak on some really interesting topics!

Another good thing that happened today is that though I left home late for today’s evening Eucharistic celebration, by the grace of our beloved Lord Jesus Christ, I could participate in the entire mass. I entered the church and the mass started because come what may, I had to attend this mass – after all it was the Feast of Conversion of St. Paul – how could providence not make me attend this celebration. So I didn’t only attend the full mass, but also loved all the hymns that were sung today, right from the entrance hymn which was “We’ll be blessed because we came”.

The other hymns were:
1) We offer you oh Lord divine
2) Jesus you are my salvation
3) Jesus what a wonder you are
4) Sadly, I can’t recall the recessionary hymn. But it was equally nice. I am so glad that I could attend the Eucharistic celebration of the Feast of Conversion of St. Paul (my role model).

PS: Remembered the hymn - it was "count your blessings, name them one by one"....

No comments:

Post a Comment