My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Thursday, November 17, 2022

St. John of the Cross

In today's OCDS meeting our Spiritual Assistant gave us a teaching on St. Joy of the Cross' "Spiritual Canticle - 4 - Union with God". 

There are two things that I liked about what he taught.

1) When St. John of the Cross was alone in that small cell, instead of falling into loneliness, he thought of Christ and wrote the Spiritual Canticle. So he said when we are lonely we must try to be in a union with God instead of getting into anything negative.

2) Most of the saints though rich in their spiritual life were mostly sickly people. Instead of cribbing about their health, they concentrated on their spiritual richness and thrived in doing everything for the Lord.

So my Lord Jesus Christ, I want to be like St. John of the Cross - in my loneliness instead of falling into negativity, I want to keep writing to you about my love for you. Your love will keep me spiritually and mentally fit even though I am going through this excruciating pain right now! I want to be like the saints and instead of complaining about my pain, I will rejoice in your love.

I love St. John of the Cross - his writings have always made me think. I have written this before also that he's someone whose writings  I understand - unlike a few others! Even though it is difficult for some, I can understand them so easily. I am more of a St. John of the Cross person!

No comments:

Post a Comment