My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Miraculous Infant Jesus

Today is the day, one month ago, on 12 October, the desire of my heart to visit the Infant Jesus Shrine at Mangalore got fulfilled. And what a miraculous trip it was!

Lord, you have your unique ways and plans for fulfilling desires.🤗

At first, when I was approached to be the MC, it was only myself who was travelling. So I was travelling alone by flight from Mumbai to Mangalore and back. But then suddenly someone else was travelling with me. So I booked train tickets from Mumbai. We would return by flight.

But suddenly that someone fell sick at the end moment and I was all alone again. So we cancelled my train tickets and booked flight tickets from Mumbai. We even rescheduled my return tickets from Mangalore so that I could go sightseeing and attend the Holy Eucharist that was to be celebrated by the Superior General at 5 pm. All these cancellations and rebooking of the flight shook us financially. But hubby was fine with it as my heart's desire was getting fulfilled.

Thus, on the morning of 12 October, I left home for the airport at around 8:15 AM to reach well on time. My boarding was at 11 a.m. I did not want an e-boarding pass because I wanted to preserve the paper boarding pass and use it as a bookmark. So in my stubbornness, I refused to do my web check-in.

So there we were happily going to the airport.

But the Mumbai traffic had a different plan that day. The roads were fully blocked. The car hardly moved. The traffic was so bad - for the first time in my life, I saw such a heavy traffic jam. The time ticked off but the car could not speed up. I started fighting with my hubby. I started crying. In my desperation, I agreed to do my web check-in. So the kids tried to check me in. But it was already closed. I could not be checked in. I was in tears again. I fought more. So Hubby was ready to cancel my morning ticket and rebook me for the evening flight. I almost agreed in my desperation to reach Mangalore to be the MC on 13 October. 

Then I started praying to the Infant Jesus. The one who is known for his miracles.

Then suddenly the first miracle took place - when the kids tried to again check me in online, they could do it. Voila, the check-in was done. I received my e-boarding pass. I had to go to gate no. 21 of the domestic airport. One hurdle was taken care of by the miraculous Infant Jesus.

It was almost 11 am and the boarding would start now. But I was still far from the airport. Then another miracle took place. The traffic picked speed and even we could speed up a bit. But again traffic at the signal from where we had to enter the airport terminal. Miraculously, it was a short one and finally, we were at the airport. 

I jumped out of the car. I showed up at the security with my e-boarding pass in hand and tears in my eyes. I pleaded to be let in first as my boarding had already started. I was allowed.

Once inside, I started running for gate no. 21. Luckily, I didn't have to run much - it was right in front. But still, I ran to cover up the time. With tears in my eyes and the suitcase in my hand, I ran frantically just like in the movies. 

Then again I pleaded at the baggage check-in to be allowed first as my boarding had already started. The people allowed me without making any fussing. 

At long last, I was in the queue to board my flight to Mangalore. My whole body was shivering and I was shedding tears of joy for being able to be there. It was possible all because of the miracle of the Infant Jesus. 

Suddenly I realized that I had left my handbag at the baggage counter. I rushed to get my handbag. I found it.

The queue was still not moving.

And then it started moving!!!

I was finally inside the aircraft.

I was thankful to my family for making it possible for me under the inspiration of the miraculous Infant Jesus! During the entire journey, I kept thanking Infant Jesus for making it possible for me.

And then I landed in Mangalore and drove to the famous and miraculous Infant Jesus Shrine. There I stood marvelling at the beauty of the shrine and thankful to Infant Jesus for fulfilling the desire of my heart!❤️  

The rest as they say is history. I have already written about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment