My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Monday, January 30, 2023

Mark 5: 18-19

Dear DLL Jesus,

While I was typing today's verses (Mark 5: 18-19) as my WhatsApp status and then my Instagram post, I was also reflecting upon them. And my understanding of these two verses is that not everyone has the same calling. You have given different people different ways of following you. 

The calling for your initial disciples was different from the calling for this man in today's gospel. Your disciples Peter, John, Mathew and others had to leave their present way of life to follow you whereas this man had to be with his friends and family to follow you.

Thus, our priests and nuns have to leave everything to follow you whereas your followers like me have to remain with our family and friends to follow you. We all are following you albeit differently. There's no difference between our love for you and the intensity of following you. Only our ways are different because our calling is different.

So Lord please don't allow my heart to tremble in Ryshivana. I can't be there forever. I belong in the secular world in a different way of life. I am like this man from whom you have removed the legion of demons. I can't be with you forever in Ryshivana. I have to be in my family praising and thanking you for what you have done for us, for your love and mercy upon us.

Please Lord please take control of my heart!🙏🏻🙏🏻 Let it not try to play games with me in the divine silence of Ryshivana.

No comments:

Post a Comment