My Daughters

My Daughters
my cute daughters

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Cloistered Carmel

Dear DLL Jesus,

Today again we, as OCDS members, went to meet the cloistered sisters in Andheri. I guess this is the fourth time that I have been to a cloistered Carmel - thrice in Andheri (including today) and once in Bangalore (May 2022)!

This time I did not get the kind of pull that I got in my past visits!😥 So I wanted to sleep after posting the photos on Facebook as I had woken up at 5 am to go meet with them at 8:30 am.

But I could not sleep. I started thinking about them - their happy smiling faces started floating in my mind's eyes. It was at that time that I started feeling that pull I always felt while I was at the cloistered Carmel - it was then that I again longed to be there - inside the walls of the convent - either gardening or bathing the clean and cute white dog that I saw there!🤗 That's the desire of the heart - to be a part of the cloistered Carmel! And so, today again I got it confirmed - yes, even married women can join them provided the family allows her! So I don't know what to do - perhaps I will just keep visiting them and providing them with whatever they need - I have made up my mind - whenever possible I will try to provide for their needs even though they are self-sufficient!🙏🏻 They bake their bread and make hosts for us and I suppose candles, pickles and jams! Different convents are into making different things! Basically they are hardworking!

And truthful - they don't send any "good morning dear" and "good night dear" messages to anyone - because they are not on Whatsapp!🙏🏻 They wake up early at 4:30 am, have their lunch at 11:15 am and have supper at 6:30 pm. They are sincere and simple-hearted people without an iota of deceit in their hearts. I like them genuinely and I will surely go out of my way to support them! Lord, give me the grace to live up to my decision of supporting them till the time I can!!!👏

PS: Today is the first day of the Infant Jesus feast at Carmel Hill, Mangalore! Let your will be done Lord in my life and also the lives of my people!🙏🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment